All Smiles

All Smiles
Click on my picture to read more about MEDPOR surgery

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This is my special "peanut" ear. I was born with Microtia-Anotia on the left side and mild Hemifacial Microsomia (asymmetry). Microtia occurs in about 1 of every 8,000 births. Because of its rarity, there are few doctors who are familiar with the congenital ear deformity.  Even my own pediatrician has never had a Microtia patient in all of his practicing years. I truly am one-of-a-kind! My family is working very hard to make a reconstructive surgery possible this summer. My date is July 13th, 2011. The surgeon we have chosen is world-renowned Dr. Reinisch, the pioneer of MEDPOR reconstruction for the outer ear.  It offers a synthetic framework (like an implant) but is covered with the body's own tissue and is fed by my blood supply. It will be hard for the average eye to notice that it isn't a "real" ear when it's all finished and healed. I'm excited, but my family needs help financially making the dream come true. Our insurance company has already sent us one denial and we're now in the appeal process, but historically plastic surgeries outside of the network have not been approved. Any donations you are willing to make toward my ear savings fund will be GREATLY appreciated. 
Please know that you will be giving me a gift, and it won't be tax deductible.  I deserve the right to two ears and my parents love me enough to humbly ask for support from family,friends, and strangers. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
To make a contribution to Corbin's fund, make checks payable to:  
Matt and Heather Weeks
                       6 Minikahada Trail  Pinehurst, NC 28374
Or you can click on the donate button on either side of the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment